Minnesota Randonneurs invites you to participate this spring is a Flèche-USA ride on May 29th-31st, 2020. The Flèche is a 24 hour team ride, whereas teams of 3-5 riders have 24 hours to cover at least 360 km (224 miles). Each team will devise its own route with a starting location of their choosing but will end at a common point. The Celest Hotel and Bar in St. Paul will be our final destination where riders will be treated with snacks and beverages and can book a room for a restorative night in a comfy bed. The following morning after breakfast we will congregate to present stories of our rides and some fun awards. The Flèche ride was originally created in France in 1947 and is one of the oldest Brevets organized by the ACP. This event holds team work and camaraderie as paramount to success and is meant to strengthen relationships between riders.
- Riders will depart on Friday May 29th at 4 pm and end on Saturday May 30th at 4 pm.
- Teams will choose their start location. Please submit your route to the Flèche Committee ([email protected]) for review/approval, before the event.
- End Location will be at the Celest Hotel and Bar 26 Exchange Street East St. Paul, MN 55101 651-222-0848. https://www.celestestpaul.com
- Minnesota Randonneurs have a block of rooms reserved for this event. The price per room is $140 + tax for single or double rooms. The room price includes breakfast. Use the code RAND when booking online. Release date is April 30th, so book before then. There are a limited number of double rooms so book early. The block of rooms is good for Friday and Saturday evening, so if riders have family that want to stay Friday night they can get the special rate.
- Ride presentations/awards will immediately follow breakfast at the hotel at 10am. Award Categories and criteria will be published before the event. Team leaders please take photos/videos of the ride if you can. We will have access to a large TV where people can share those with the group during the presentations and for later posting on Facebook.
- When you have your team assembled, please come up with a clever name and send me an email [email protected] If you are in need of a team or a captain looking for other members please post on our Facebook group in the discussion section.
- Official rules for the Fleche-USA event are here: https://rusa.org/pages/flecherules - This ride is part of the requirements for the RUSA R5000 award. - You must be a member of RUSA to do this ride.
- There is a $25 per rider fee for this ride to cover support expenses and food and drinks for the finish on Saturday evening.