This ride is for Jerry Hofmann, long time Minnesota Randonneur and good friend, who passed away in February 2020. We'll take a few minutes before the ride to remember Jerry and what he meant to us.
This is a 125 mile loop of the Twin Cities, starting in Minneapolis. No matter how well you know the metroplex, this route will give you a different perspective on the wide variety of roads, trails, parks, lakes and rivers in our metropolitan area. Highlights include:
- Five crossings of major rivers (Mississippi, St. Croix, Minnesota) including the beautiful new Stillwater Bridge
- Many county and state parks, including Fort Snelling, Theodore Wirth, Big Rivers, Long Lake, Rice Creek, Elm Creek, Mississippi Levee, The Greenway,
- River Road in Afton
- Trout Brook Road, just over the Wisconsin border near Hudson
- A few decent hills and some rollers to get your heart rate up but most of the course is pretty mellow
- And a couple of special spots that you will really enjoy
The route will be on a combination of roads and trails in mostly urban areas. This is not a course for hammerheads; take your time, enjoy some new parts of the Twin Cities and have a fun day.
A couple of notes to keep in mind:
1 Ride to the ride or park along West River Road in designated areas or in the neighborhood around Dunn Bros Coffee. We are starting early enough that finding a spot should not be a problem Do not leave any valuables in your car .
2. Get coffees, pastries etc at Dunn Bros. We are using their facilities so this will be appreciated. The ride will start in the patio area outside of the café.
3. A great place to have a beer and a meal after the ride is right next door at the Longfellow's Grill.
You must be a Minnesota Randonneur member to do this ride.
TCBC members will receive ride credit.