The Flèche-USA is a 24 hour team ride, whereas teams of 3-5 riders have 24 hours to cover at least 360 km (224 miles). Each team will devise its own route with a starting location of their choosing but will end at a common point. The final destination is TBD, but riders will be met with snacks, beverages and a warm hotel room. The following morning over a buffet breakfast we will congregate to present stories of our rides and some fun awards. The Flèche ride was originally created in France in 1947 and is one of the oldest Brevets organized by the ACP. This event holds team work and camaraderie as paramount to success and is meant to strengthen relationships between riders.
- Riders will depart on Friday May 21st at 5 pm and end on Saturday May 22nd at 5 pm.
- Teams will choose their start location. Please submit your route to the Flèche Committee (email@example.com) for review/approval, before the event.
- End Location TBD
- Ride presentations/awards will be over breakfast on Sunday. Award Categories and criteria will be published before the event. Team leaders please take photos/videos of the ride if you can. We will have access to a large TV where people can share those with the group during the presentations and for later posting on Facebook.
- When you have your team assembled, please come up with a clever name and send me an email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are in need of a team or a captain looking for other members please post on our Facebook group in the discussion section.
- Official rules for the Fleche-USA event are here: https://rusa.org/pages/flecherules - This ride is part of the requirements for the RUSA R5000 award. - You must be a member of RUSA to do this ride.
- There is a $25 per rider fee for this ride to cover support expenses and food and drinks for the finish on Saturday evening.