This is a 125 mile loop of the Twin Cities, starting in Minneapolis. No matter how well you know the metroplex, this route will give you a different perspective on the wide variety of roads, trails, parks, lakes and rivers in our metropolitan area. Highlights include:
- Five crossings of major rivers (Mississippi, St. Croix, Minnesota) including the beautiful Stillwater Bridge
- Many county and state parks, including Fort Snelling, Theodore Wirth, Big Rivers, Long Lake, Rice Creek, Elm Creek, Mississippi Levee and the Greenway
- River Road in Afton
- Trout Brook Road, just over the Wisconsin border near Hudson
- A few decent hills and some rollers to get your heart rate up but most of the course is pretty mellow
- And a couple of special spots that you will really enjoy
The route will be on a combination of roads and trails in mostly urban areas. This is not a course for hammerheads; take your time, enjoy some new parts of the Twin Cities and have a fun day.
***Please note the starting location***
We'll start and end at the new "Loons Coffee" on Lake Street, adjacent to Longfellow Grill.